Saturday, February 26, 2011

turning point

So I'm now pretty much into my third trimester.
And I feel like I'm hitting a turning point where I'm growing more okay with all this and less with the panic and feeling trapped and devastated by this. I'm still scared about what's going to happen in the future - during the summer I'm not going to be working and a few weekends ago we drove past our dream-home new-build community and found that there are 2 homebuilders continuing to build in that area. I did some research with school boundaries and it turns out that area is PERFECT for the junior high/high school we want the boys to attend...it gives me hope that our dreams that we've been dreaming for 10+ years can actually and finally come true. So we checked out the houses.
Andy and I both found models we love and would suit our needs perfectly. Now the scary part is we have our end goal, but we're financially broken. We have too many creditcards that are nearly maxed out (the only reason they have available credit on them is because of my paycheck - we don't need to use them). So there's NO WAY we can afford a bigger mortgage AND all our credit card debt. Not to mention the fact that we're about 40K upside down in our house, it's not sellable. We pondered the idea of renting this house out, but we don't think anyone will pay $1100 a month for this place (that's how much our mortgage is), and there's no way in hell we'll qualify for a new mortgage and our current mortgage. Lenders now are allowing you to borrow up to 50% of your debt on a mortgage (which is how the crash happened in the first place), but that prospect just spells out disaster.
We know where we want to be, but we don't know how to get there.

But I am becoming more ok with the whole baby idea and we are working on our list of names for the little bugger. We're even choosing a girl name "just in case". I'm not totally sure the u/s tech was right on it being a boy, so I'm trying to have all my bases covered.
The shopping bug has also hit me this weekend and I'm resisting the urge to go shop. I really have nothing I need to buy, but the drive to spend money is getting to me. So far I'm successful....

No comments:

Post a Comment